We strongly recommend you read the Elysium Gates "About" pages before
Elysium Gates Inc. provides the general internet public a
place to build and maintain a quality site. A quality site is informative
or educational, personal or business, creative or themed. We nurture
quality sites with responsible content, providing for fellowship among
users, promoting a sense of unity and belonging, and fostering a spirit of
camaraderie and community between both its members and its staff.
With these principles in mind the following terms of service
will be rigorously maintained and enforced. Please read carefully.
- Membership in Elysium Gates is subject to approval by the staff.
- You must have at least a concept of a web site (subject and general
outline) before you can be considered for membership. Our staff is here
to assist you if you need help in learning how to build a page or use
- Pages submitted for membership will be reviewed for content by the server
staff. If you are new to the world wide web and need assistance
you in getting your site ready for the public. You
have but to ask.
If you want to have a site on the internet but lack
the time to do it yourself, we have web designers who can build it for
Contact Mt. Olympus if you desire this kind of service and to discuss cost.
- U.S. residents under 18 must provide written consent and
acknowledgement from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of these terms
prior to membership being considered. This site and all those that are members must be COPPA compliant.
- U.S. minors who provide false information regarding their age and
are accepted for membership under such information will have their
membership revoked and their site immediately removed from the Elysium
Gates servers upon discovery.
- Accepting this TOS means that you have read and will abide by the guidelines also set forth on our Privacy-Copyright-Disclaimer page.
Membership payment is due upon assignment of a web site space. Sites will not be activated until payment is
received by Elysium Gates. Once accepted you will be contacted by Hermes that will design a payment schedule and method that works for you. Price of your service can change, but we would give you 30 days notice if it does and we will strive not to raise prices. We started business in 2001 but our prices are now lower than when we started!
- We will put no advertisement of our own on your paid member site.
You have the option to run your own banner ads or those of others
(income generating or gratis) so long as they comply with the terms of
service. However advertisement/banners are limited to not more than one
(1) per informational/educational content related page without prior
approval by the staff.
- Failure to remit monthly membership payment on time may result in
your site being taken off line and placed in a temporary folder on our server. Resolution of payment
must be made within twenty five (25) business days. Repeated lateness in payment
may result in the loss of your membership.
- We will periodically review member's sites in a random fashion. Any
sites found to be out of compliance with the terms of service may be
immediately transferred offline to a temporary folder and the owner notified of the
action. You will have two (2)
weeks to correct the problem. You must then notify us so that we may
return you to an active status. Repeated violations of this nature may
result in the permanent loss of your membership. No refunds will be made
for unused time for sites removed under this clause.
- You may not "sub lease", rent, give or sell your membership space to
another person or entity. If you allow a third party access to your site
by giving out your userID or password, you will be held responsible
whether you made the content changes or not. DON'T GIVE OUT YOUR
PASSWORD OR ID. If your password is compromised, notify us immediately
so we can give you a new password.
- You may sign up for as many memberships as you like. Each will carry
the same membership conditions and charges. You may link your sites
together, run them independently or combine them into one 'large' site
at your discretion.
- Your site content is yours. It will never be claimed or used by
Elysium Gates. We might choose your site as a 'featured site' and list
it on our server run page, run it in a banner on our pages or give it
other such visibility. If you do not wish us to do this, please write
and let us know.
- We make no guarantee, express or implied, of server and server
We fully intend to keep service running as smoothly and continuously
as possible, however there is always a chance of mechanical breakdown or
line faults beyond our control. We will address those as they occur and
return service as quickly as possible. Periodically we may have to take
the server down for normal maintenance. All reasonable attempts to
notify users of server
status will be made.
- Elysium Gates will NOT be responsible for files or documents lost or
held responsible for failure of your equipment. Though we will make
every effort to ensure the safety of your material there is always the
remote possibility of a catastrophic crash. We strongly recommend that
you keep up to date backups of all material you use on our server in a
safe location - either on your computer hard drive or on diskette. It is
highly recommended that you back up all your files used within your
account to diskette or other off site media such as zip disks or CD-R.
You should do weekly back ups or less often depending on how often you
update your content.
- We will take no responsibility for content posted to your site,
whether publicly displayed or not. You have the ultimate responsibility
for what is placed in your space. "I didn't know the rules" is not an
acceptable excuse! We will investigate and act on complaints from others
or in the course of a random check should your site content fall outside
the published terms of service. Our goal is to provide everyone a viable
product/service for a fair price and under fair terms.
- The following list outlines content which Elysium Gates forbids.
Sites applying for membership which contain such will be turned down.
Member sites which are later found to contain or link to such material
may be immediately transferred to the holding bin and the owner
notified. Should a site be permanently removed for such content, no
refund will be given to the member for unused time.
- Sites which abuse or exploit people and/or animals.
- Sites which contain excessive profanity. What is 'excessive' is
our call to make.
- Adult oriented or 'porn' sites. Sites with excessive nudity. We
define what is 'porn' or 'excessive'.
- Sites pertaining to bigotry and/or 'Hate' sites.
- Sites which provide information or instruction in illegal
- Sites which offer software cracks, codes, warez or pirated
- Sites which violate copyright, trademark or intellectual property.
This includes items from both commercial and private entities.
- Sites which contain personal slurs or libelous comments about
- Sites which use Spam or other such techniques to generate
business/income or site traffic.
- Sites which contain illegal businesses. (pyramid schemes and the
- Overtly offensive site content.
This is not an all-inclusive list and may be added to from
time to time. Members will be notified of any changes to the Terms of
Service should they occur. Site content that is suggestive of criminal
activity will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement authorities.
- Listed below are some 'gray areas' which are
acceptable for site content:
- Game cheat codes. These are codes used in playing a computer or
other games which are built into that game and may be considered a
legal part of that game.
- Artistic nudity. Many works of art and such contain a certain
amount of nudity. Items such as this are permissible. If you have any
doubts about what you want to post to your site, contact either your
appointed volunteer or one of the staff. The final call on what is
permitted and what is not is ours and ours alone to make.
- Medical sites which use images and terms in the appropriate
- Bonafide business sites. Links to other business sites (within the
terms of service)
- Site which feature surveys or questionnaires. (not to be sent out
- Sites with legal affiliations. Remember, your site must have some
content of its own to qualify for membership.
- Members may use password protection on their personal sites;
however, all password protected pages and links must be checked and
approved by staff prior to activating the password feature on their